School Enrollment Request
Both locations for Gary Middle College (East & West) operate Monday-Friday, from 8:00AM-8:00PM. Students may choose one of three school shifts. 8AM-11AM, 12PM-3PM, or 4PM-8PM, thus allowing students to take care of work and home responsibilities. Child care for GMC students is available at an off site location, and students are responsible for dropping off and picking up their child from the facility.
Students will be called to schedule a day and time to be interviewed with Mr. McCollough. Be ready for your interview with these items:
- Social Security Card
- State I.D.
- Birth Certificate
- Shots Records
- Last School’s Transcripts
Orientation & Introduction to Odyssey:
Once the student has been accepted, they will select a date to attend orientation and receive an Introduction to Odyssey.
Once the student has completed these steps of the enrollment process they will receive their start date for when they can begin school. Testing will be scheduled after they receive their start date.
Gary Middle College provide students with several benefits:
- Free college course opportunities
- Certified, licensed teachers from the local community
- Enriched curriculum aligned with Indiana Core-40 Academic State Standards
- Technology-supported instruction
- Character development, social skills and community involvement
- Foreign language opportunities
- Additional tutoring options
- Multiple computers in each classroom
- ECA (End of Course Assessment) Prep
Submitting an enrollment request DOES NOT guarantee student entrance into the school. The school will notify you if there is availability for students.